Update: December 23, 2012: CM9 Alpha 0.5
News: After 3 days of using it, I realize it runs smoothly and fast.
Pin is quite good but less energy than on WEBOS
Fixes some of the bugs.
The kernel should not crash as often and there aren’t as many graphics glitches.
Titanium Backup has not yet worked.
Markets from CM7 do not work, use Rom manager to install gApps for CyanogenMod 9 & fixer.
1. Make sure Java is installed on your computer
Visit the Java download page from your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer and download and install the latest version.
2. Install Palm Novacom driver:
Download from download the .jar file from Google Code
3. Download ACMEINstaller, Moboot, ClockworkMod & optionally gApps:
Download all the files you are going to need:
- ACMEInstaller2 Click and download!
- update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-alpha0.5-Touchpad-fullofbugs.zip Click and dowbload!
- update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip Click and Download !
- moboot_0.3.5.zip Click and Download!
gApps for CyanogenMod 9 Click and Download!
4. Copy and paste ACMEInstaller2 downloaded recently into : C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc
5. Connect HP TouchPad to your computer and select USB mass storage mode (USA Drive)
Like the following image:
6: Copy necessary files (downloaded recently) into HP Touchpad:
After connecting your Touchpad to your computer and selecting USB drive, Touchpad’s hard disk drive appears.
Create a folder-renamed cminstall in Touchpad’s hard disk drive
And then copy the next files into the folder cminstall:
- gApps 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip
Do not unzip the above files, just copy
7. Reboot TouchPad:
Restart your Touchpad (Press and hold “power” button for a while, option Restart appears or you can follow as the above image shows). As soon as the screen is off, hold “volume up” for a while until the big USB icon appears.
8, Use command terminal on Window:
This is the step to start ACMEInstaller.
1, Click Start Menu
2,Type “cmd” into the blank (don’t type the signal “)
3, a black window appears:
1, Type “cd /” (don’t type the signal “)
2,Type “cd Program Files” and press Enter, go on typing “cd Palm, Inc” and press Enter.
3, Type as follows: (don’t type the signal “)
“novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2″ and press Enter
4,Now you realize that nothing happens, wait until your Touchpad is installed automatically (When the icon “2 penguins” appears, the installation will finish)
5, After being installed automatically, Touchpad will restart.
6, The screen displays Dualboot (You can use “volume up” “volume down” to move Webos restart options or CM9 (Android 4.0.3)
Video Android 4.0 ICS on the HP TouchPad (CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0)
Images Android 4.0 ICS on the HP TouchPad (CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0)
Update Instruction for steps 1 – 8:
1. double click on UniversalNovacomInstaller and follow instructions to extract and install. Then copy ACMEInstaller2 file into same directory where novacom.exe is installed in on Win7.
2. remember to create “cminstall” folder on HP Touchpad main folder when copying files over.
* I forgot and it stated Power off when ready after lots of files displaying on HPtouchpad screen, the read through the last few sentence, it stated cannot find “cminstall” files. I pressed and hold ON/OFF button and pressed “Home”; then it seems able to power off. For a moment thought I am stuck with that Linux screen. Create “cminstall” folder on HPtouchpad using USB mode again, copy files over and try again.
3. Upon resetting from device info, then upon bootup, press power and up to set HPtouchpad to USB mode, then plug back USB cable to Win7. Note Win7 cannot see any USB drive as before after this reset, the USB mode. Think it is is “mem” mode as needed by ACMEInstaller2.
Then simply type in MSDOS:cd to directory where novacom.exe is installedcd C:\Program Files\Palm, IncC:\Program Files\Palm, Inc> novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 and the screen starts with the linux stuffs; and extracting those files that we put in “cminstall” folder.
4. It auto reboots and the screen goes to boot prompt, it counts down and booted to cyanogenmod.
5. Win7 still not able to see any USB drive as USB cable is still connected.
6. Follow through till it scan for WIFI connection and password setup, next till finished!
7. Cheers to the HPtouchpad Andriod version.
8. Press power and reboot. Then press up button to select webOS, then press home button. Back to hp webOS. All files created in webOS are intact.
Note: I actually copied these 5 files as not sure if needed the “recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012″ or just the “update-cwm_tenderloin-1012″…
(tempted to try - update-cm-9.0.0-tenderloin-20120412-0800-signed but not yet as this is the first time doing it)
Now “cminstall” folder is left with only ”recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012″ file intact. Must I delete it? I am not sure. Everytime, after disconnect using Win7 “Eject webOS-device” and after “..can be safely removed from computer” message pops up. Then when I remove the physical USB cable from Win7, hptouchpad always complains that hurts. Next time please unmount the drive from the desktop.” and goes back to webOS.
I am booting back to CyanogenMod though still not sure how to backup and copy files created in webOS into Win7. Will Andriod complains the same as webOS? Guess that’s ok.
Additional links GAPPS-ics-20120317-signed.zip updates and fixes on 17/03/2012
And Links ROM Alpha 2 CM9 for Touchpad
Incoming search terms:
- moboot_0 3 5 zip
- gapps 4 0 3 11 12 22 zip
- update-cm-9 0 0-RC0-alpha0 5-Touchpad-fullofbugs zip
- 4 gapps 4 0 3 11 12 22 zip
- acmeinstaller2 download
- update-cm-9 0 0-rc0-touchpad-alpha0 5-fullofbugs zip download
- update-cm-9 0 0-rc0-touchpad-alpha0 5-fullofbugs zip
- ACMEInstaller2 moboot_0 3 5 zip
- update-cwm_tenderloin-1012 zip download